You may be eligible for an absentee ballot if:
- You are expected to be absent from Philadelphia County on the day of the coming election because of occupation, business, or duties (including leaves of absence for teaching, vacations, and sabbatical leaves);
- You are a person who is or may be in the military service of the United States
- You are away from home at school, college, or university;
- You will be unable to go to the polls because of illness or disability;
- You must observe a religious holiday;
- You are a Philadelphia county employee with duties on Election Day related to conducting the election.
About Absentee Ballots
Please click the link below to download an absentee ballot application and instructions. Once downloaded, you must print the application, fill out the required information, and return the completed application and any additional required documents to:
Philadelphia County Board of Elections
City Hall Room 142
1400 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
You may also call the County Board of Elections at 215-686-3943 to have an absentee ballot application mailed to you, or you may pick one up in person from any of the City Commissioners offices, at the Philadelphia Voter Registration Office, or from the Philadelphia County Board of Elections.
Absentee Ballot Application Deadline: Applications for absentee ballots MUST be received by the County Board of Elections no later than 5:00 PM the Tuesday before an election. Postmarks are NOT honored; applications must be in the office before the deadline.
Return of Absentee Ballots: All absentee ballots must be RECEIVED by the County Board of Elections no later than 5:00 PM the Friday before an election. Postmarks are NOT honored.
Those who are unable to personally pick up or submit an Absentee Ballot may designate a representative to deliver the absentee ballot to the voter and then have that same individual return the completed absentee ballot to the County Board of Elections, by completing the form below.